[Ifeffit] parseval's theorem and athena

kirshstein at googlemail.com kirshstein at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 4 10:02:56 CST 2011

Hello,

I would like to use parseval's theorem (as described in a document
called: Error
Reporting Recommendations: A Report of the Standards and Criteria Committee,
Adopted by the IXS Standards and Criteria Committee July 26, 2000 ) to
quantify the statistical noise in my spectra.

In section 3 (as shown in the attachment), it says that for the formula to
work, the forward FT has to be normalized by  sqrt(deltak/Pi). (delta k is
the spacing of points in k space)

What is the normalization used for FFT in athena? if it is not
sqrt(deltak/Pi), what is it? how does the parseval theorem formula need to
be modified as a function of FT normalization?

Many thanks for answers!

Regina