[Ifeffit] Looking for reviewers for first chapter of new XAFS book

Scott Calvin scalvin at sarahlawrence.edu
Fri Dec 16 21:42:11 CST 2011

Hi Dalton,

Good to have you aboard!

I'm attaching the review packet. The page numbering is a bit chaotic, because it's actually several documents stitched together:

 *   The copyright notice. My publisher is allowing me to distribute review copies, but only on the condition that reviewers not redistribute them.
 *   An excerpt from the preface explaining the origin of the cartoon characters. (Yes, there are cartoon characters...)
 *   An introduction to the cartoon characters.
 *   Chapter 1. This is a draft version, and does not have the appearance of the final version. In particular, to make the file size manageable, the figures are lower resolution than they will be in the final version, and some of the graphs get a bit muddy. Page breaks and line spacing also do not correspond to the final version.

In the chapter, I've placed numbers along the margin to aid in making comments. For example, you might have a comment on page 12, lines 6-7. The numbers won't appear in the final version. Also, please use the page numbers at the bottom (rather than the page numbers of the PDF file).

If you have any questions about the context of the chapter, the intended audience, or whatever, feel free to ask!

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College

P.S. Make sure you send email related to this chapter to my address directly, and not to the Ifeffit list.