[Ifeffit] Athena: problems with LCF

Kropf, Arthur Jeremy kropf at anl.gov
Mon Aug 15 09:23:40 CDT 2011

Nina, Dominik,

The issues Dominik raises are relevant for measuring and fitting experimental data, but they shouldn't affect your test of the LCF function using a simulated combination of spectra.  Bruce's suggestion that the data normalization could be a problem also should not affect the LCF test - as long as you didn't change the normalization for the fitting standards compared to the spectra you used to make the simulated combination.

Jeremy