[Ifeffit] Has anyone got this technical problem during the fit?

NIRAWAT THAMMAJAK n.thammajak at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 09:17:32 CDT 2011

Dear All,

I was just wondering if some of you may have experienced a problem like this
in the fit;

I was trying to improve the precision of some fit parameters by doing guess,
def, and set. In the 61st fit, I tried to split parameters from constraints
that i have made. Then, the program didn't show me the results of the fit. I
knew that something might have gone wrong, the program forced me to close.
Fortunately, there was a window asking me to save it before closing the
project.

I opened again the project file after it was safely saved. This time, I
could not perform any fitting - the green 'Fit' button was frozen and it's
not possible to click it. The red message below showed "Artemis trapped one
or more errors! Error message dumped to the screen", but I couldn't see such
error message on the screen.

I closed the project and opened the file again, the 'Fit' button seemed to
work this time. Anyway, I still had that red message below said "Artemis
trapped one or more errors!...". After clicking at the data file, the red
message was gone and replaced by the number of data points, "22 independent
points data points (Nyquist): ...". The numbers of the fit and FT parameters
were then shown in the boxes on the left as usual, but the title of data was
replaced by "o"!

I thought it was okay, then I performed other fits. It worked fine. Until
the recent fit that I have it blown up, so I saved and closed the project.
Now when I try to open the file, I have got the earlier problem, frozen
'Fit' button. Clicking at data file doesn't help as it used to be. I have
tried another saved file in this series of .apj files (same data), they have
got the same problem. I have tried open another data file like eto.apj in
the demo, it's also got that problem with the red message "Artemis trapped
one or more errors!.." too.

I don't understand what should have gone wrong with the program. Your help
will be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Nirawat.

--