[Ifeffit] Installation Artemis, athena in Fedora 14

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Fri Apr 8 08:37:01 CDT 2011

Guoqiang,

Module::Build is the tool used to build and install my GUI software.
It is a standard perl module and should already be on your system.  I
am surprised that your computer is finding it necessary to try to
download and reinstall it.

I assume that you are at the step of installing the things I call
LibPerlXray and that you mis-typed.

I suspect the fault is mine.  I probably should not list Module::Build
in the file Bundle/LibPerlXrayBundle.pm.  Try the following:

 1. Check that Module::Build is indeed already on your system by
    typing this at the command line:
         perl -e "use Module::Build"
    If it responds with noting (i.e. no error messages), then you are
    fine.

 2. Edit the files Bundle/LibPerlXrayBundle.pm and remove the line
    with Module::Build beneath the "CONTENTS" header.

 3. Try again.

I apologize that this is so hard.  I just don't have the resources to
test these things on all possible systems, so I rely on the users to
complain when they run into problems.  Thanks for being patient.

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov