[Ifeffit] Fwd: Re: Fwd: ifeffit installation in Linux (Fedora 14)

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 7 11:56:23 CDT 2011

Guoqiang,

Can we take a step back and try to figure out why PGPLOT_install
didn't work for you?  It does work for me on Fedora14.   What part of
PGPLOT_install did not work?

It should be that ./configure --with-pgplot-link='LINKARGS' can be
used to specify the PGPLOT_LIBS value, say

    ./configure --with-pgplot-link='-L/usr/local/share/ifeffit/pgplot
-lpgplot_iff -lpng -lz -lX11'

For PGPLOT installed with PGPLOT_install, or something like
    ./configure --with-pgplot-link='-L/usr/local/pgplot -lpgplot -lpng
-lz -lX11'

for a PGPLOT installed "by hand".

An important difference between PGPLOT_install and most "by hand"
installations is that PGPLOT_install will not build a shared library,
but a static one only.  This won't affect building, but can have an
impact for runtime, as the shared library needs to be found at
runtime, and so needs to be in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or configured with
ldconfig.