[Ifeffit] Fwd: ifeffit installation in Linux (Fedora 14)

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Apr 7 09:10:16 CDT 2011

Guoqiang,

First off, I am responding to you on the Ifeffit mailing list, which
is the appropraite venue for questions about Ifeffit and related
software.  please use the mailing list for all future correspondance.

I am not completely clear on what you are asking about, but I suspect
that your problem is that Ifeffit isn't plotting anything.  That is, I
suspect that you have managed to compile pgplot and you have managed
to compile Ifeffit, but you do not have pgplot and ifeffit talking to
one another.

The reason for this is that you said

   $ ./configure --without-pgplot

This builds Ifeffit without pgplot support.

What I think you want to do is to use the "--with-pgplot=dir" argument
for "configure".  That, you should do something like

  $ ./configure --with-pgplot=/usr/local/share/pgplot

where you would, of course, specify, the actual installation location
of pgplot on your computer.  You will then need to remake and
reinstall ifeffit.

If that doesn't solve the problem, try asking again on the mailing
list, where other knowledgeable people can offer their advice as well.

Regards,

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov