[Ifeffit] Aligning Energy scales

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 28 12:55:15 CDT 2010

Dear Elsa,

It sounds like you want to adjust the data chi(k) so that deltaE0 is 0
in a fit.  Is that correct, or are you trying to do something else
(say, align the XANES)?    If that assumption is correct, you want to
change the E0 used to extract chi(k) from the experimental spectra --
the E0 of the background subtraction.  That is what sets k for the
data.

If that's not clear or not the right question, let us know,

--Matt