[Ifeffit] (Reposted) K-space vs R-spce fitting

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Sat Sep 11 06:40:16 CDT 2010

Hi Juan,

The data and model are  k-weighted and multiplied by the chosen window
function before the least-squares fit.  So yes, as you see, the choice
of dk will change a k-space fit.  I wouldn't expect it to change the
results by a huge amount no matter how the fit was done.  I would
suspect something else is going on, but it's hard to tell much without
more details.

--Matt