[Ifeffit] feff question

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 27 13:19:20 CDT 2010

Hi George,

Feff6 comes built in with the Mac distributions of Ifeffit
(iXAFS.app), and is at
/Applications/iXAFS.app/Contents/Resources/local/bin/feff6.

Is that OK or do you really need Feff7?  There's not much in Feff7
that's not in Feff6 (or a whole lot better in Feff8).
FWIW, that version was built with gfortran 4.2,  downloaded from
http://r.research.att.com/tools/.    I believe you'll need xcode
installed.
Once installed
     gfortran -o feff702 feff702.f