[Ifeffit] Asymmetric error bars in IFeffit

Scott Calvin dr.scott.calvin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 12:24:34 CDT 2010

Yes; it's a case of trying to distinguish between a few boulders and
lots of pebbles; the total volume isn't the issue.

What I'm looking at is something like surface/volume ratio, but with
"surface" being path-dependent and gradual. For a nearest-neighbor
path, only the top monolayer of atoms are on the surface. For a 5
angstrom path, the transition region from "surface" to "core" extends
5 angstroms in.

But that more sophisticated definition of "surface" doesn't change the
fact that the dominant dependence is 1/R, so that should address the
issue.

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College