[Ifeffit] LCF analysis

Matthew Marcus mamarcus at lbl.gov
Mon Oct 25 11:22:50 CDT 2010

Another point is that even if the F-test calls out a .00001% probability that A appears just due to noise, that's no guarantee that what looks like A
isn't something else which is "A-like" enough to turn up in the LCF.  It's probably something similar, but need not be exactly A unless
you have some other reason for believing that A is the only species present that can look like that.  Yes, this is an obvious point, but
one which should be kept in mind.
	mam