[Ifeffit] UO2 thin films on STO

María Elena Montero Cabrera elena.montero at cimav.edu.mx
Tue Nov 16 16:16:17 CST 2010

Dear Mohamed,
I think you will have some kind of "over" or "self" -absorption from the
substrate, specially in geometries other than grazing incidence. I have
performed that kind of experiments in fluorescence and in transmission. The
result was that the absorption coefficient signal I was interested in,
really was of 2nd or 3rd order of magnitud less that the "tail" of
absorption of the substrate. I would not do that again. Maybe somebody has
better experience.
Regards
    Maria Elena

2010/11/16 mohamed sobhy <bakhshwan1981 at yahoo.com>

> Dear All
> I would like to grow UO2 thin films on STO (SrTiO3) substrate but I found
> that Sr K-edge 16105 and U L3-edge is 17166. Do you think there will be any
> interference?
> Best,
>
> Mohamed

María Elena

Dra. María Elena Montero Cabrera
Centro de Investigación en Materiales Avanzados (CIMAV)
Miguel de Cervantes 120, Compl. Ind. Chihuahua
Chihuahua CP 31109, Chih. México
Tel (614) 4391123