[Ifeffit] help

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Fri Nov 12 09:49:51 CST 2010

Hi Aaron,

If you're having troubles with the updater, I would suggest:
re-installing and then say No to the automated "shall I update for
you?".    See
      http://cars9.uchicago.edu/ifeffit/IfeffitOnWindows/RunnerProgram
and
      http://cars9.uchicago.edu/ifeffit/IfeffitOnWindows/WinUpdater

Instead, I would suggest installing the updates "by hand" as explained
on those pages.   As Bruce suggested, it is likely that you're seeing
a permissions problem.    Unpacking the updater zip files should make
that (or whatever else the problem is) obvious.

--Matt