[Ifeffit] help

Aaron Yevick aaronjmy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 18:44:08 CST 2010

Hi all,

I downloaded Artemis twice, from both cars.uchicago and sourceforge. Both
times I downloaded the latest, 1.2.11.exe. When it installed, I opened
Artemis and was prompted to install several updates. I clicked Install
Updates, and both times it says:

downloading
fetching update 10 (iff_010.zip).... downloaded iff_010.zip  OK.
expanding file iff_010.zip

and goes no further in an hour. I quit. When it runs, along the bottom it
says the version is 0.8.012 (c) 2002-2008, which I was told is not the
latest version (is that true?)

My operating system is Windows 7 Professional.

Can anybody offer suggestions as to why this happens? Does it matter if I
don't have these updates?

Aaron