[Ifeffit] something is wrong with Ruthenium-Oxygen bond amplitudes

María Elena Montero Cabrera elena.montero at cimav.edu.mx
Fri Nov 5 19:49:11 CDT 2010

Hello friends,

Hopping someone could help us. We are having some problems in fitting Ru
K-edge in a Ruthenium-cuprate sample on Artemis, with path functions
obtained using FEFF 8.4, where we got amplitude values of less than 0.50 for
Ru-O first shells. We think this value probably is wrong, although there are
some publications where some oxygen deficiency is studied and recorded as
true. The ATOMS input data was found to be ok due to the Rietveld analysis
results told us these are good. The reason we think we may be wrong with
something during the fitting appeared  because we tried to fit our reference
sample of RuO2 (measured under same conditions as the experiment of Ru-Cu at
SSRL) and we came to the same results, even worst, of amplitude lower than
0.40. We are attaching the Artemis files so you can take a look on it and
give us some light to continue with our analysis.

Thanking in advance, take care

--
María Elena

Dra. María Elena Montero Cabrera
Centro de Investigación en Materiales Avanzados (CIMAV)
Miguel de Cervantes 120, Compl. Ind. Chihuahua
Chihuahua CP 31109, Chih. México
Tel (614) 4391123