[Ifeffit] feff question

Joshua Kas joshua.j.kas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 18:22:59 CDT 2010

Hi George,
The obsolete warning is probably not a big deal, however, the compilation
should be tested since compiling with gfortran has not been well tested for
feff7.  If you can get an old version of g77, you won't have issues.
Otherwise, I would use the following command when running gfortran.

gfortran -finit-local-zero -o feff702 feff702.f

This may not work with your version of gfortran (-finit-local-zero is not in
the manual) but if it does, the compiled feff will be less likely to have
runtime errors.
Cheers,
Josh Kas

I installed gfortran-4.2.3.dmg file on top of the gfortran-42-5577.pkg and