[Ifeffit] plots from athena

Saugata Datta saugatadatta at hotmail.com
Mon May 31 17:50:26 CDT 2010

Hello, if you can help me with this question:

I am trying to plot directly from athena via powerpoint for a publication/manuscript quality plot., I read a message posted that " "If you want to adjust things like fonts and line sizes on the plot for publication, then you have the option to save the plot as a metafile from the PGPlot window and import it into PowerPoint.  Then convert the metafile into a drawing object with the "ungroup" feature.  From this point you can change fonts, line shapes, colors, etc. to get the plot how you want it to look for publication.  You can then re-save that slide as a picture (gif, tiff, metafile, etc) to be imported into the manuscript.  This can get time intensive, but it's an alternative if all you want to do is adjust fonts and line colors/sizes. One caveat though, don't change the data!  You can easily and unknowingly change the data if you're not careful (performing an action on one part of the drawing object without realizing another is highlighted for example) so always compare the final product to the original to make sure it's the same"...

But I cannot find where the PGPlot window is., if you can kindly help.

Say I want to plot six standards plotted /stacked one on top of the other in one figure, with correct seuqnce of legend? Can I do this without exporting to excel???

Thanks again...

Saugata