[Ifeffit] Exporting derivative data

Richard Mayes rtmayes at gmail.com
Sun May 30 12:00:46 CDT 2010

Paul,

If you're just wanting to adjust things like fonts and line sizes on the
plot for publication, then you have the option to save the plot as a
metafile from the PGPlot window and import it into PowerPoint.  Then convert
the metafile into a drawing object with the "ungroup" feature.  From this
point you can change fonts, line shapes, colors, etc. to get the plot how
you want it to look for publication.  You can then re-save that slide as a
picture (gif, tiff, metafile, etc) to be imported into the manuscript.  This
can get time intensive, but it's an alternative if all you want to do is
adjust fonts and line colors/sizes.

One caveat though, don't change the data!  You can easily and unknowingly
change the data if you're not careful (performing an action on one part of
the drawing object without realizing another is highlighted for example) so
always compare the final product to the original to make sure it's the same.

-Rich

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 6:47 AM, Paul Bingham