[Ifeffit] the use of constraints

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Fri May 28 13:08:27 CDT 2010

Hi Kellie,

It's a little hard to tell for sure why your "percap" is going
slightly greater than 1 without knowing more details of the analysis.
 Questions like the following come to mind:
       Did you include an S02 term?
       Is "focc" fixed?  If so, could the value be slightly off?
       Is sigma2 set or being adjusted -- could this be offf?

I wouldn't expect direct answers to these, just pointing them out as
things to re-check.   There are a lot of terms that effect the XAFS
amplitude, and it can be tricky when you're trying to de-couple them.

Cheers,

--Matt