[Ifeffit] question about E0

Shelly Kelly dr.sdkelly at gmail.com
Thu May 20 07:45:30 CDT 2010

Hi Janeth,

The value for deltaE0 from the fit to the chi(k) data is directly
related to the value of E0 you choose when you remove the background
in Athena. This is what defines k=0 in the chi(k) data. So if you
change the E0 in the background removal step you should be able to
change deltaE0 in the fitting result.  I have a small EXAFS conference
paper that shows how to do this. I also have an example in my book
chapter (figures 33 and 34).  But it really isn't hard, just try it
and it will work.

1.  Kelly, S. D. and Ravel, B. (2007). EXAFS energy shift and
structural parameters. 13th International Conference on X-ray
Absorption Fine Structure. Hedman, B. and Pianetta, P. Melville, NY,
American Institute of Physics Conference Proceedings. 882: 132-134.

If you want a copy of the book chapter or a reprint of the article
just send me a personal email.

HTH,
Shelly