[Ifeffit] question about E0

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Wed May 19 20:03:52 CDT 2010

Hi Janeth:

On Wed, 19 May 2010, Janeth Lozano wrote:

> My question is about the E0, i am making fits where the E0 final is some
> high, around 8eV, i  tried to change the feff calculation with the card
> EXCHANGE to lower the E0 but it did not work, after the fit i obtained the
> same E0 around 8 eV, what can i do to improve the E0 around 5 eV, any
> suggestion? Distance and sigmas are reasonable but my E0 not at all
> Thanks

It would be very helpful if you could send an artemis project file to the
list.  That would help us answer your question.  Sometimes, the value of
E0 is just a bit bigger than you would like and it is OK (more or less).
Other times it is an indication that there is something amiss with your
fit.  it is hard to tell without looking at the data.

Cheers,

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Associate Dean for Graduate Admissions, Graduate College
segre at iit.edu   http://www.iit.edu/~segre   segre at debian.org