[Ifeffit] fitting

María Elena Montero Cabrera elena.montero at cimav.edu.mx
Thu May 13 16:34:41 CDT 2010

I don't know anything about CeO2, but...for me there is something wrong
since the Athena fitting, because there are too many peaks below the main
one, and specially below 1 A. Am I right or not?

Maria Elena

2010/5/13 Frenkel, Anatoly <frenkel at bnl.gov>

> There is a large number of articles explaining how to fit CeO2 including
> discussions why multi-electron excitatoins complicate the fit, and some of
> those authors (e.g., A. Soldatov, but also M. Benfatto) propose first
> principle methods that account for those.
> Some papers even show that ignoring those contributions may give a decent
> fit, but you should be aware of the multitudes of theoretical issues
> surrounding EXAFS modeling of this system before trying it on your own.
>
> Anatoly

María Elena

Dra. María Elena Montero Cabrera
Departamento de Medio Ambiente y Energía
Centro de Investigación en Materiales Avanzados (CIMAV)
Miguel de Cervantes 120, Compl. Ind. Chihuahua
Chihuahua CP 31109, Chih. México
Tel (614) 4391123