[Ifeffit] Debye model on Artemis

Frenkel, Anatoly frenkel at bnl.gov
Wed May 12 13:46:59 CDT 2010

Kleber,

Correlated Debye Model (CDM) was proposed by Sevillano, Meuth and Rehr in 1979 in a Phys Rev B artcile. It also shows how to find sigma2(T) from the CDM- and also from Einsten model, by the way. In the former case, you take phonon density of states in Debye approximation (where it is proportional to the square of the mode frequency) and projoect it on the direction of the bond between the atoms, so the modified projected density of states is used to calculate vibrational amplitudes. Similarly, it can be used to calculate not vibrational amplitudes but third cumulant but it has not been done with CDM to my knowledge. It was done only for the Einstein moedl in the subsequent papers though, as you and Bruce wrote.

Anatoly