[Ifeffit] Is Athena NFS safe?

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Tue Mar 23 12:03:12 CDT 2010

Hi David,

There is no explicit protection for disk access to prevent i/o
conflicts between different applications (and nothing specific to NFS
or other networked drives), but disk access is relatively rare and
reasonably well encapsulated.

So, yes there are "potential problems", though I don't think it would
be related to NFS.  Unless you have to instances of Athena trying to
write to the same project file, I wouldn't expect too many problems,
and don't see them myself (on NFS or SMB mounted disks).

Are you seeing problems?

--Matt