[Ifeffit] Logicused in Artemis to do the error minimization

Pralay K Santra pralay at sscu.iisc.ernet.in
Mon Mar 8 00:24:17 CST 2010

Dear All,

After the final fitting in Artemis, we get the (i) total error; (ii) the
final value of the parameters;  (iii) the error in the parameters as well as
(iv) the dependencies among the parameters. What is kind of logic used in
Artemis to calculate these values? Is it Genetic optimization procedure used
in this process? Can anyone help me by giving some references.

I was going through the old posts and found two posts. One is this one:
http://cars9.uchicago.edu/ifeffit/FAQ/FeffitModeling and the other one
mentioned in the same.

I am sorry to ask for some help which is not directly related to the XAFS.

Thanks in advance.

With regards,

Pralay.

---
Research Student.
Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit
Indian Institute of Science
Bangalore 560012 INDIA