[Ifeffit] Postdoctoral position open

Mukerjee, Sanjeev s.mukerjee at neu.edu
Mon Jun 28 12:27:39 CDT 2010

Dear Members,
I have an opening for a postdoctoral position in my research group and center starting in August of 2010. The position will be for two years with renewal option at the end of the first.  Qualification for this position is a recent Ph.D in physics or chemistry in the field related to synchrotron spectroscopy.  Most important would be to have good experience conducting in situ x-ray absorption studies including EXAFS data analysis.  We will train the person on other more specific aspects of the spectroscopy as conducted by the research group.  Proficiency in basic electrochemistry including classical methods are a must.
Please apply with resume and one or two key publications to me personally as soon as possible.
We promise a very vibrant research environment and opportunity to develop a portfolio for future career options such as academic positions.  This includes training in proposal writing and teaching graduate level courses.
In addition this position carries competitive salary and benefits.
Sincerely

Sanjeev Mukerjee (Professor)
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology
Director of the Northeastern University Center for Renewable Energy Technology (NUCRET)
Northeastern University, 360 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115
Phone (617) 373 2382
Fax (617) 373 8949