[Ifeffit] Large Enot values

shelly Kelly dr.sdkelly at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 09:18:33 CDT 2010

Hi  paul:

Have you tried to shift eo in athena by 10 ev? If you have and the fit still gives a large deltaE then the theory and the data do not agree.  DeltaE changes the spectra most strongly at low k, so another thing to try is to increase kmin in the ft.

You can also use the theory to help remove the background in athena.  If you have tried all these and it doesn't work.  I'd try a different theory.  Either a different se oxide or a different atom type.

Of course my book chapter goes over how to do these thing. I'll send you a copy if you ask.  I've also posted example athena projects on xafs.org.

Good luck.

-- Sent from my Palm Prē