[Ifeffit] Large Enot values

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Tue Jun 8 14:56:19 CDT 2010

Paul,

Are you sure that you are using a sensible crystal structure to run
feff?  1.7 Angstroms is a suspiciously short Se-O distance.  You will
notice that your fit is also making DeltaR fairly large -- pushing
that distance out to a much more sensible value.

Given the very short Se-O distance in the feff calculation, that could
account for odd value of E0 that you are getting in your fits.

What distance do you expect for the Se-O bond?

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov