[Ifeffit] Negative ss problem

Chris Patridge cpatridge8407 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 06:45:57 CDT 2010

Hello,

It seems to me that you have some more problems than just ss values.
The data collection range seems a little short just ~300 eV past the
edge. Amp is quite high and delr is very large. I am an expert by no
means but I might suggest that you have the wrong model. The model is
trying to compensate for high R space magnitude by making amp above 1
and ss negative.  Have you considered your data processing in Athena?
Did you use the default settings?  I would guess Cu-O bonds might be
too short for the presets in Athena. How did you check your model?

Buena salud,

Chris Patridge