[Ifeffit] (no subject)

JeongEunSuk eunsuk1986 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 19 19:01:05 CST 2010

Hi all

I have a question for XANES of Zinc compounds.

It is known that the pre-edge for Zinc k-edge generally doesnt exist because 3d state of Zinc atom is occupied.

However, I got it from ZnMgO with wurtzite structure. 4 oxygen in first shell and 12 zinc in second shell are located around Absorbing atom, Zinc in wurtzite structure.

And then I know that some Mg atoms are replaced on zinc site from EXAFS.

I wonder the reason for the appearence of pre-edge. Is it structural problem? or substituted Mg?

If anybody know reference papers for pre-edge of zinc K-edge, Please answer me.