[Ifeffit] Fitting using Experimental standard

Matthew Marcus mamarcus at lbl.gov
Mon Jan 4 23:08:55 CST 2010

I wonder if some kind soul with some programming time to spare (ha ha) could write a program to do that.  It would be relatively simple,
but does need the knowledge of how to write a FEFF path.  It would ask questions like where the phase and amp files are, what k-power
was used, what the distance is, which path number to use, etc. then write out the ASCII path in the appropriate directory for Artemis.
A potential problem is what to do about the data range, since a normal FEFF path goes from k=0 to k=20 (from memory) and most data doesn't.
Also, there would be a problem if the reference-compound data didn't go as far as the data one is trying to fit because Artemis would have
no obvious way of knowing that the "FEFF path" is bogus beyond a certain k-range.  I guess the program would have to ask for the data
file being fitted and issue a warning, or just let the user find out the hard way :-)
	mam