[Ifeffit] Help, can't save anything on athena

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Wed Feb 24 20:04:27 CST 2010

On Wednesday 24 February 2010, 04:25:46 pm, Jaziel Soto wrote:

> Hi everyone, i'm using athena 0.8.061 and iffefit 1.2.11c installed on 32
> bits widows 7. In a laptop toshiba (if it helps).
> My problem is that i can't save anything i work. I've tried everything that
> comes to my mind and i still cant save. I just hear a noise (advice) and
> nothing happens.
> I had vista, and i thought installing windows 7 might solve the problem but
> it didn't, so i'm asking for help now.

Jaziel,

There is not a lot of information to go on there.  Perhaps there is a problem
with path names with non-lower-ascii characters like here:

http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2010-January/009243.html

When you run into problems like this on windows, it is very helpful if you
open the command window, cd to the location where the executable lives (which
you can find by looking at the properties of the desktop shortcut), and launch
the runner by hand.  If there are any error messages written when the problem
happens, that'll help diagnose the problem.

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov