[Ifeffit] Manual update to iXAFS

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Tue Aug 31 13:59:22 CDT 2010

Hi Bruce,

OK, I tracked this down to a problem I was having with CPAN versus the
system perl installation (on linux anyway).   Somehow, doing

   >  perl -MCPAN 'install Bundle::XasPerlBundle'

was not completing correctly.   For one thing, this takes an insanely
long time as it builds and tests, and "cleverly" rebuilds the CPAN
code and about 400 modules, all going into a system folder:  yikes.
But I don't think that was the problem.  I believe it was more likely
related to piles of messages about YAML, but I can't reproduce the
problem easily.  That's because, a second
   >  perl -MCPAN 'install Bundle::XasPerlBundle'

did build and install several more components, including rebuilding
and retesting Tk.   Sheesh.

Then horae-070 did build from the top-level directory.  It appears to
be working.

But that's not going to stop me complaining about perl.

OK, that was a half a day.... Now back to OS X and trying to build
perl and horae there...

--Matt