[Ifeffit] Manual update to iXAFS

Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Tue Aug 31 01:19:50 CDT 2010

Hi Bruce,
Regards from a far too hot Japan,

Thanks for the update suggestions for iXAFS Bruce.  I managed to get it to work, but I found a couple of problems.

1.  There is another intermediate directory in your steps (3,4,5), e.g.  " /Applications/iXAFS/Contents/Resources/bin" should read " /Applications/iXAFS/Contents/Resources/Horae/bin"  The intermediate directory Horae is missing in each case.

2.  SVN is installed by default on the Mac.  When I tried to run the mkartemis.pl and friends after downloading the latest svn release, however, I found that the rc.pl files were missing.  How does one generate these from the svn files?  I used a rc.pl from a horae-70 release I had around and it apparently worked.

3. The version numbers in the SVN release conflict within the files from the SVN (at least when following the procedure you mentioned above).  Some of the files from the SVN release have (ArtemisLog) $VERSION set to 0.8.014 while others (e.g. Group.pm had $VERSION = "0.0.8.061").  This triggers an error in the athena and artemis of a version mismatch. I "fixed" this by disabling the check, as the logic of the versioning is not very clear from a simple examination of the files.  What should the "$VERSION" string (and any other version related strings) be set to in each of the files?

	In any case it work, but it sure would be nice to have a nice new official release!

	paul