[Ifeffit] updating ifeffit manually

hemantha aranwela h.aranwela at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 14:20:56 CDT 2010

Hi Matt,
Thanks for the information. I could not get the runner.exe to work. So
installed the updates directly as you suggested. It works perfectly.
Aranwela

These were the steps I have followed.

Updating Ifeffit manually (if, somehow, it does not update automatically)

1.      Check the  latest update installed (typically in C:\Program
Files\Ifeffit\config\iff_xxx). In my case it was  iff_009.2.      Then check
the current available update level from the cars webpage:
http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ifeffit/updates/current.datAt present it is at
013.
3.      Download the missing updates from
http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ifeffit/updates/iff_XXX.zip Remember you need to
change XXX to the appropriate file # (to 010 for an example).  ( I had to
download iff_010, iff_011, iff_012 and iff_013 and saved them on to the
desktop).
4.      These are zipped files. Need to unzip those into the C:\Program
Files\Ifeffit folder. But one has to do this in sequence (it is said). ( In
my case I unzipped  010 first then 011, next 012 and 013 after that.
Unzipping is easy in windows 7. Just right click on the zipped folder and
select ‘extract all’ then browse to the Ifeffit folder (In my case
C:\Program Files\Ifeffit). It will prompt you to choose between two or three
options. (In all cases I chose ‘copy and replace’ or just ‘replace’.

That’a all. Everything should work perfectly.