[Ifeffit] updating Athena in Win 7

Monson, Todd tmonson at sandia.gov
Tue Aug 17 09:52:28 CDT 2010

Aranwela,
It sounds like you're having the same problem that I was having.  You need to change the permissions in the Ifeffit folder under program files.  There is a good discussion of this that worked for me under Vol. 90, Issue 5 of the Ifeffit digest.  This is a copy of the portion of that conversion that you need:
"Right click on the IFEFFIT folder in Program Files and select Properties.
Select the Security tab and then click the Edit button.  For all of the group or user names listed make sure Allow is marked for all permissions (Checking Full Control should select all of the permissions in the list below it).  Hit the Apply button and then the OK button.  Then try opening Athena again and see if it successfully runs through the update process. "

Todd Monson
Sandia National Labs
Nanomaterials Sciences
P.O. Box 5800, MS 1415