[Ifeffit] Ifeffit Digest, Vol 90, Issue 7

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon Aug 16 14:06:47 CDT 2010

Hi Aranwela,

Thanks for the report. I do think this is a permissions problem.
That's not to say it's not a real problem, just that it should be
solvable.  I just tested this by resetting the "update level" in
config/current.dat, and forcing the updater to run.  It worked fine to
download and install the update.  That was on a Mac running Windows 7
(64 bit) as a virtual machine.  The account I used does have full
Administrator control.

The process running the updater definitely needs to be be able to
write to C:\Program Files\Ifeffit (or wherever you installed to).
Would you be willing to try to download the update zip file (say,
iff_013.zip) and unzip it into your installation directory, as
described at   http://cars9.uchicago.edu/ifeffit/IfeffitOnWindows/WinUpdater
  and let us know what does and doesn't work?    I'm sure that others
would find your report helpful.

Cheers,

--Matt