[Ifeffit] 8 coordination crystal

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Tue Sep 15 15:38:38 CDT 2009

Mohamed,

The feature in Artemis you are making reference to is a tool for
quickly generating theory that is valid only to analyze the first
coordination shell.  It automates the process of having Feff generate
something that can reasonably be used to fit the first shell and only
the first shell.

If you actually know something about your crystal structure, you are
much better off starting with the known crystal structure and running
Feff on that.

There is not a well organized user manual at this time for Artemis,
but a small amount of searching on http://xafs.org/ will turn up
plenty of examples and other useful things.

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov