[Ifeffit] suppressing the stdout of FEFF

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 26 11:17:38 CDT 2009

Hi Jochen,

Just to follow up on Bruce's response....

The short answer is No.  Feff8 is hardwired to write to stdout.
Changing that would be a large task.   It sounds like you are writing
a script to loop around running Feff8.  If so,  you can use system
level redirects

      feff8 > output.txt

In fact, essentially all of the information sent to stdout is also
sent to log files.  If you're on a Unix-like platform (linux, Mac OS
X, cygwin, ....), you can send the results to /dev/null and read the
appropriate log files.

If you are writing scripts to loop around Feff,  I'd recommend making
sure that each run happens in its own directory.

--Matt