[Ifeffit] Installation ifeffit-1.2.4.dmg OS X 10.2.8

Juergen Roehler Juergen.Roehler at uni-koeln.de
Tue Oct 20 18:25:42 CDT 2009

Paul,

	I appreciate your offer to help me. Ifeffit is running nice
in X11 with its pgplot graphics. but not athena & friends. I scanned
the SoureForge archive for an older binary, but ifeffit-1.2.4.dmg
(athena & friends) is the only one compiled for OSX 10.2.
	Installing this build again I fixed the problem of the
missing link to /Applications/ifeffit/perl5/Tk.pm by copying
iff_init.csh into .cshrc. Thus the environment is properly set.
Athena & friends indeed start to compile but fail because of missing
perl modules in /ifeffit/lib/perl5. For whatever reasons in this
build the Xray modules are not located in folder /Xray. Creating
folder manually /Perl5/XRay/ and storing the adjacent modules in it
helped, but further compilation stopped because of missing modules. I
downloaded these from CPAN, but some of them are not accepted because
of a wrong version number. It seems proper completion of the perl/Tk
modules required for this build could solve the problem. I prefer to
find them in an archive instead of compiling them by myself. Any idea?

Juergen