[Ifeffit] Installation ifeffit-1.2.4.dmg OS X 10.2.8

Juergen Roehler Juergen.Roehler at uni-koeln.de
Thu Oct 15 09:46:42 CDT 2009

Hi,

I am trying to run Ifeffit on MacOSX 10.2.8 from ifeffit-1.2.4.dmg on
a Wallstreet Powerbook  (a good old companion ,,,, )

>  Ifeffit successfully installed in Applications folder

[noname:/Applications/Ifeffit] jroehler% ls
artemis         icons           lib             perl5           tkatoms
athena          include         man             pgplot

>XDarwin started (XFree86 4.2 installed from Fink, runs fine for
>other X applications)

>Click the perl scripts athena or friends, or run them explicitly
>with perl 5.6 - athena & friends won´t start. Asked to choose a
>program. Which one?

>  Try to start from terminal: [noname:/Applications/Ifeffit] jroehler% ./athena

Can't locate Tk.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /sw/lib/perl5/5.6.0/darwin
/sw/lib/perl5/5.6.0 /sw/lib/perl5/darwin /sw/lib/perl5
/sw/lib/perl5/darwin /System/Library/Perl/darwin /System/Library/Perl
/Library/Perl/darwin /Library/Perl /Library/Perl
/Network/Library/Perl/darwin /Network/Library/Perl
/Network/Library/Perl .) at ./athena line 53.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./athena line 53.

Well, the *.pm´s and everything else is in
/Applications/Ifeffit/lib/perl5 or /Applications/Ifeffit/, being not
in the search tree.

Don´t want to modify the system architecture copying /lib/perl5 and
the other stuff to somewhere else.

How to modify the scripts athena & friends. Other solutions? Would
like to start jsut from the icons.

Thanks in advance.
Juergen

Juergen Roehler