[Ifeffit] Ifeffit Digest, Vol 80, Issue 7

abhijeet gaur abhijeetgaur9 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 00:39:58 CDT 2009

Abhijeet,

I took a quick peak at your project and I find it very confusing.  In
the most recent fit, you are fitting only from 3.5 to 4.4 -- the area
under the *third* peak in the data.  I don't really know how to
comment on this project because you have set a large number of
parameters to seemingly arbitrary values.  From a numerical
perspective, the reason for questions 1 and 2 is because you are
attempting to fit only a narrow and of the data and you have set the
majority of your parameters.  That seems an unlikely strategy to me.

I think the best thing you could do would be to fit *all* of your data
rather than an arbitrary and small band of it.

It would probably be fruitful for you to study carefully Shelly's
example of analysis of SnO2 from her recent review chapter.  See
 http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2008-July/003641.html
and
 http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2009-January/004012.html

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

Hello Bruce sir,

                     Thanks for your response. You must be talking about the
14th chapter of the book "Soil and Mineral analysis using XAS". I have that
chapter with me. It is very explainatory one.
with regards
Abhijeet