[Ifeffit] SO2 parameter for Cu2O

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Thu Nov 12 23:52:13 CST 2009

Hi Abhijeet:

How were the data taken?  Is there a possibilty that the samples were
prepared in such a way as to give an attenuation of the EXAFS.  This can
happen both in flurescence as well as transmission if the sample
preparation is not carefully done.  For example pinholes in a transmission
sample will result in a distortion of the spectrum because different parts
of the incident beam are "seeing" different thicknesses of sample.  In
fluoresence, attenuation is common when there is a lot of self-absorption.

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Associate Dean for Graduate Admissions, Graduate College
segre at iit.edu   http://www.iit.edu/~segre   segre at debian.org