[Ifeffit] How to judge if the coordination numbers are different?

jrkizews at ncsu.edu jrkizews at ncsu.edu
Thu Nov 12 20:40:36 CST 2009

Matthew,
Thank you so much for your reply. I definitely will try what you
suggested. Could you please explain to me why an increased chi-square can
be used to argue for a true difference.

"To check the robustness of the differences, you could try doing your
co-refinement with just some of the data, for instance the 1-day 300 plus
55-day 1200 with none of the others."
I will try what you suggested above. I just do not understand how to use
to results to test the robustness of the difference. Could you please
explain to me a little more? Shall I try fitting two data sets, instead of
all of them, in the same way, and see if the chi-square changes?
Again, thank you so much for your insightful message.
Fiona