[Ifeffit] Reply

康明亮 kangml at 163.com
Thu Nov 12 20:39:00 CST 2009

Dear Richard,
Acctually, I opened one of the decompression files from the attached "data process.rar" with Sixpack, then I encountered the problem that  WARNING! Filename contain characters not compatible with IFEFFIT.
Here, I have snapped each step and attached in the enclosure. Hope I have answer these questions.
Thank you!
Best regards
Mingliang

在2009-11-12,"Richard Mayes" <rtmayes at gmail.com> 写道:

Are you trying to open the "data process.rar" file (the very same file you sent to Matt) with Sixpack?  Athena or Sixpack can not do that, you must unpack the file to access the individual files it contains.

To solve the "Cann't execute Grnd.exe to open the graphics window"  problem, follow the suggestions from Matt posted below (which is the initial response you recieved from your very first post - read the last sentence very closely, that is the question you have yet to answer; without these answers no one can help you):

Some suggestions:
   -  Try clicking on "runner.exe" in the Ifeffit bin folder.  A
simple selection box should pop up and you should be able to choose
Athena, Artemis, etc.
   -  Trying clicking on GrWnd.exe in the Ifeffit bin folder.  A
window should pop up.
   -  The installation was not complete, or got moved somehow.
Reinstalling might help.
If the solution isn't obvious from those, let us know what happened
for each of these steps.