[Ifeffit] consultation

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 9 20:56:13 CST 2009

Hi Mingliang,

Sorry for the trouble. It's a little hard to tell what's gone wrong,
but here are some hints:  The icon to run athena (and others) simply
runs the program "runner.exe" in the Ifeffit "bin" folder (usually
C:\Program Files\Ifeffit\bin).   This program sets the path and other
environmental variables so that GrWnd.exe can be run.

Some suggestions:
   -  Try clicking on "runner.exe" in the Ifeffit bin folder.  A
simple selection box should pop up and you should be able to choose
Athena, Artemis, etc.
   -  Trying clicking on GrWnd.exe in the Ifeffit bin folder.  A
window should pop up.
   -  The installation was not complete, or got moved somehow.
Reinstalling might help.

If the solution isn't obvious from those, let us know what happened
for each of these steps.

--Matt