[Ifeffit] Question about ATHENA software

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Mon Nov 9 08:11:42 CST 2009

Claudia,

The implementation of the XANES self-absorption corrections follows
the thing that Daniel Haskel wrote up here:

  http://www.aps.anl.gov/xfd/people/haskel/fluo.html

The algorithm used is explained on pages 5-9 of the postscript file on
that web page.  The angles are defined relative to the surface, not
the surface normal.

HTH,

PS: You should consider joining the Ifeffit mailing list:
very useful resource for siftware and for XAS in general.

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov