[Ifeffit] Ifeffit

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Fri Nov 6 11:07:58 CST 2009

Hi Clement,

I don't have any experience with the windows emulator on Mac OS X, and
have only heard reports that it does work.  When running atoms.exe on
the Windows emulator on Mac OS X, you see:

  Running "C:\Program Files\Ifeffit\bin\atoms.exe" MetaCinn.inp

  '\\.host\Shared Folders\Desktop'
  CMD.EXE was started with the above path as the current directory.
  UNC paths are not supported.  Defaulting to Windows directory.
  MetaCinn.inp: not a valid input file for Atoms.

My guesses are:
  a) you want to run atoms in a directory without a space in the name
  b) you want to be sure that the file is has Windows line endings,
     not Mac OS line endings.

Those are guesses, so I'm also CC'ing this to the Ifeffit mailing
list, as someone there may have experience with this issue.

--Matt