[Ifeffit] Polarization vector in FEFF calculation

Yun Luo luoy1 at muohio.edu
Fri May 15 16:32:49 CDT 2009

Dear All,
I have a quick question regarding the polarization vector in FEFF
calculation.
There is a card of "POLARIZATION x y z" that we can use to count in
polarization effect in FEFF calculation. I just want to make sure that the
x, y, z coordinates of the polarization vector is in the crystal Cartesian
base. For example, if the direction of the electric field of the incident
beam is along the a axis of the crystal, then I can use the card
"POLARIZATION 1 0 0" in the FEFF input file to do the calculation. Is this
correct?

Thank you very much!
Best
Yun